1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone please help me and tell me what exactly is hapening to my xbox.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jamilx47, Apr 5, 2012.

1. jamilx47

jamilx47 Member

I really really really nedd someone to help me asap. in october i went to this place and had my xbox flashed and it was running fine until around the end of 2011 i couldnt play most of the new games like gow3, fifa 12,pes 12,and mw3. i took it back to the store and he said it needed to be re updated. and so i had it reupdated. and then only fifa 12,and mw3 worked but they would make this incredibly loud annoying sound and in the middle of the game it would give the disc error thing. and then in March 2012 none of my games were working old or new original or fake. i took it to another place and told him the problem and he had told me tat my disc lense needs to repaired and so 3days later i go to pick it up and he said that he even updated it for me but told me games like fifa 12.gow 3 batman arkham city and a couple of other ones may not work. so i took the xbox to another place and i had told him everything i stated in the above and he said it only needs to be updated properly so i had him reupdate it for me for the 3rdfucking time and he said everything should work. so i got new games like bman akc,ssx,me3,ac revelations and fifa street and none of them worked except me3. so i took it back to him yesterday and then 2 hours later he calls me and tells me that something in my xbox needs to be changed i think he said hard drive or disc drive needs to be replaced with a new one. i would really appreciate it alot if someone can tell me what to do asap

2. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

it sounds like you are dealing with a lot of people that dont know what they are doing, from the end of the year you would have needed some updates, depending on what drive your xbox has in it, could have something to do with your problem, if the first guy or second changed the laser, then the only other problem your drive could have had would have been a motor, not a whole drive, once done properly all of the games should work if they were recently patched with abgx, and burnt properly!

3. jamilx47

jamilx47 Member

i dont think he changed the laser because changing the laser was a pretty expensive price and for wahatever he did i paid a much lower price. so what you are saying is that i need to get a new motor.

4. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

if he did not change the laser, then i would start there, when somebody brings that issue in my shop i charge a flat rate of 35 dollars to fix it, that is whatever needs to be done mechanically. there is no way of knowing exactly what is wrong with your drive without looking at it for myself, but if you say after he messed with it, it was making loud noise then i would say he tried to adjust the pot settings and did a bad job, when a laser is having to work to hard to read it will make a really load noise, from all you have told me i think it needs a new laser!

5. jamilx47

jamilx47 Member

I think you are right it does need a new laser but as their any way i could replace the laser myself without going to a shop because i am so tired of going to places and each one telling me something different.

6. RIARA

RIARA Regular member

too many hands in the cookie jar

7. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

lasers are really easy to change, and if you look on ebay you can get one for around 10 dollars, just need to make sure you get the right one for your drive, once you get the drive apart you take out one screw and unplug a ribbon cable. xbox lasers do not have static safety points so its just plug and play.

8. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

are you burning the xgd3 games such as gow3, mw3 etc, with the ihas burner? that will over burn to 8.13gb?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  9. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

You also need to flash the newer games with abgx, so that they have the topology data. If you don't do that, they won't work, no matter what firmware your drive is flashed with.