1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone please help me out with a question about DVD-R's.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by XSamuraiX, Feb 17, 2005.

1. XSamuraiX

XSamuraiX Member

I was looking for a cheap package of these and i found one. Now i was just wondering, can i burn backups of ps2 games and xbox games on to these? Will that work. PLEASE PLEASE answer been trying to find out for a while.

2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

lol, what, are we supposed to magically know what dvdr's you're talking about?

It sounds like you know nothing about backing up PS2 games, and plaing those backups. So why don't you head down the the PS2 forums of this site and read some threads there.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What's up with that Balaam, isn't your crystal ball working anymore ;-) LOL

4. XSamuraiX

XSamuraiX Member

Sorry, you guys are right, i should've said a little more about this topic lol. What i basically meant is, can I make backups of Xbox games on DVD-R's, not a specific brand, but in general. I just didn't know what exactly you used, basically DVD-RW's, DVD-R's, or what.

So ya, can you make backups of xbox games on DVD-R's?

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

The crystal ball says: The majority of ps2-s prefer the dash "-" format r's.Especially the older ones. The Rw's can be a little trickier .I am not sure about the x-box. My buddy says his will play anything he throws in it,mainly dash. He prefers the maxell -4x's. They are pretty good to start out with until you figure out which media is good and which media is bad.

I play my backups on several ps2's and they seem to like just about everything I burn in both + and - . I haven't played them on any x-box's.

"I'm looking for a cheap package of these": I suggest not burning cheap,generic,or store brand name media like staples/bestbuy. Stick to the good stuff. When it's on sale,it's not much more than that cheap crap.

Try the maxell -4x yellowtops. A pretty reliable brand.If buying them in a local store,look for Made In Japan on the outer wrapper. If you want the best,taiyo yuden's.