1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone please help me play my m2v files !?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by skymo, Jan 14, 2004.

1. skymo

skymo Member

I have never successfully been able to play and m2v video file on my computer . . . I've was to just download a DVD software player, like PowerDVD, and it would take care of all my problems. When I tried to play the file on PowerDVD, I got an error that said "DVD-Video playback graph building failed." Does anybody know what I should do?

2. happynow

happynow Guest

Hi, right click the .m2v file and choose openwith, then when a box pops up choose windows media player. Tick the box at the bottom to always use this program click ok. The file should now play in media player (you might get a warning saying it doesn't recognise the file just carry on). It works on mine.

3. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

i tried my m2v file on WMP and it doesn't work

4. daba

daba Guest

Try with [bold]Media Player Classic[/bold] (freeware)

5. thedagger

thedagger Member

I didnt think they worked on Media player but mine do work on powerdvd - not sure how or why but they should work with it - try looking at your settings

6. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

since i don't plan to buy powerdvd any time soon, actually ever, i used tmpeng or whatever it's called and converted them to regular .mpg....i did have to get a plug-in though......