1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME TO INSTALL A NEW HITACHI CD-ROM DRIVE?!?!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by lilFIG, Sep 15, 2007.

1. lilFIG

lilFIG Member

IF SOMEONE COULD PLEASE HELP ME I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT. MY X-BOX 360 CD-ROM DRIVE BROKE SO I WAS GOING TO GET A NEW ONE AND INSTALL IT MYSELF. THERE IS ONE PROBLEM THOUGH..... ON THE WEBSITE IT STATES: " MICROSOFT CONSOLES REQUIRE A KEY FROM YOUR BOARD FOR THE DRIVE TO WORK, YOU WILL NEED TO FLASH THAT DRIVE WITH THIS KEY. PLEASE DO NOT BUY IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THIS CORRECTLY CAUSE WE WILL NOT REFUND $ FOR POORLY FLASHED DRIVES" I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS MUCH LESS HOW TO DO IT. SO IF SOMEONE COULD HELP THAT WOULD BE GREAT :)

2. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

Yes you need to have all the hardware and software to access the drive, you need to know how to read/write the drive. I guess the first step is telling us which dvd rom model and version you have.
    Also what is wrong with the old drive?

3. lilFIG

lilFIG Member

well the new one is the same as the old one because i didn't want to worry about the hook ups, but it is a hitachi 78. the old one since you asked all of a audden started to make a grinding sound when we were in the middle of a ranked match on ghost recon and since then does it every time that we turn it on...... it won't read any discs ( movies or games ) but there is no error message. it just states unreadable disc.