1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone please help me with getting subtitles onto my movie?

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by MakoHazrd, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Dakness

Dakness Member

I was having the same problem trying to get the subs on my movies, but after i read the "Exodus0" tutorial i got it right thanks for this help man. i just passed by to say it :. It was very easy after i read the first part of what he siad.

2. bahnan

bahnan Regular member

Hi
    Am using Avi2dvd for the first time and it keeps asking for an audio stream.In the tut above nothing is said about it. It is done by default.

3. solomong

solomong Member

I was looking to hardcode subtitles to an AVI. So if I opened it using, say, XBOX 360 it would play with the subs embedded. I used the program AVI ReComp, and it did a great job, but the job took 6.5 hours. Now, I may not have a high end PC, but it has decent memory and processor, so I know it wasn't the computer. The program demux the file, and does a lot other things that I don't know if are really necessary to hardcode subs. The AVI file was about 2.85 GB, so that adds to the time consumed, but I think there should be a program that can do what AVi ReComp did, but in a quarter of the time. If anybody know, please let me know.

4. attar

attar Senior member

Does the program make two passes or can you elect one pass.

AutoGk allows you to choose a preset or custom size, which takes two passes, or a 'Target Quality' which gives no control over the final size, but is only one pass.

5. solomong

solomong Member

I'll get back to you on that, didn't realize about the passes.