1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone recommend the most compatible DVD-R's?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by ucmaddoc, Sep 7, 2002.

1. ucmaddoc

ucmaddoc Member

I had an audiovox DVD entertainment system installed in my van and am having difficulty playing dvd's that I had authored. It plays store bought dvd's just fine. I am using DVDPro dvd-r's. Could anyone recommend the most compatible dvd-r's?

2. hoangh

hoangh Member

Ritek

3. twister

twister Member

Last edited: Sep 10, 2002
  4. twister

twister Member

I got the disks yesterday and burned a copy of my lastest video. There is a high speed part on the video where some dvd players show artifacts because what I thought was the dvd playersjust couldn't keep up. With these new DVD's There were no artifacts, dropouts or skipping.
    I then tried it on my PS2. Same anything worked great! I would suggest ordering a 10 pack to make sure they will work as good for you as they did for me. Here is the link again.

http://dvd-r.safewebshop.com/Universal.htm

I didn't go with the house brand I went with Universal
    http://dvd-r.safewebshop.com/universal_no_print_4_7gb_dvd_r.html

Last edited: Sep 13, 2002
  5. flaystus

flaystus Member

Apple or TDK disk tend to be the best... also they tend to be expensive. For my uses the cheapest disk I've been happy with so far is the esbuy.com branded gold disk, they are only 1x but are Ritek and have done me quite well so far. In the past I'm worked with alot of crap.

6. ultima

ultima Member

I use Universal media too, Ritek has 2 grade... A and B grade, A grade are sold for about 2.99 but alot of online store is selling B grade so watchout