1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone tell me what's wrong in my process for creating back-ups?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by FLAE, May 23, 2011.

1. FLAE

FLAE Member

The guides on Afterdawn taught me how to create back-ups and I am very thankful for them as they has saved me a ton of money. But ever since the Kinect Update I have not been able to successfully play any new backups. I was able to successfully play NBA 2K11 and Fallout: New Vegas (Halo Reach doesn't work anymore for some reason) but now I cannot even get a single new backup to run. Even after flashing to the latest version of iXtreme the week C4 released it, I can't get anything to work at all. I tried with Fable III, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Call of Duty: Black Ops (which to my knowledge doesn't even have AP 2.5 on the disk), Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, and Bulletstorm, but nothing has worked! This is the process I go through every time, can you tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

1. Check ABGX forums for confirmed torrents.
    2. Find source (usually through Pirate Bay) and download through Bit Torrent.
    3. Unzip the file using WinRar and then run file through latest version of ABGX360 with settings set according to Afterdawn guide.
    4. After stealthing is successful, write the image file onto a 8.5 GB DVD+R DL Memorex disk using ImgBurn with settings set according to Afterdawn guide.
    5. Unplug online router on back of Xbox 360 (doesn't make a difference but I do it just to be safe when I first play a disk), insert and run the disk, but it doesn't play.

Can anyone help me decipher this problem? I'd like to figure out what's wrong so I can get back to creating backups. Much appreciated.

2. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

what does it say when you put the disk into the dvd drive? and what dvd drive do you have.

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  3. FLAE

FLAE Member

It varies. For example, Halo Reach and Fable III tell me the game requires an update and I will accept so that I can play it but the update will be infinite and will not download anything at all. Brotherhood I can see the game preview on the dashboard's "play game" option but it will just give me the "disk is dirty" excuse. The excuse also occurs with NFS Hot pursuit and Bulletstorm but there is no dash preview.

The drive I have for burning the games is a Toshiba Portable SuperMulti Drive, and the drive that plays the games in the 360 is a BENQ drive. I should mention that it probably got tagged during the Kinect Update due to my profile not being transferable between consoles, but for some reason MS didn't bring down the banhammer on it (yet, hopefully they never will).

Does this help, b1gh3ad? Thank you for your efforts so far.

4. hackimus2

hackimus2 Regular member

Hmmm...I believe most of them games you named does have ap2.5 cause I had to redo my halo reach and black ops after that ap2.5 came along and I know fable III along with Brotherhood & Hot Pursuit did. I have bulletstorm also but I don't remember if that does or not. Seems like you have to redo your flash and make sure you have the latest abgx360 installed bro.

5. FLAE

FLAE Member

Is there a guide for how to manually flash a 360? I went to have it flashed with LT+ back in November and I guess the guy apparently didn't do his job (paid $20, but what are you gonna do). I know I need a connectivity kit, but is there anywhere locally I can buy one (any stores that sell them)?

Other than that I know I have the latest ABGX360 installed because it still verifies new games in the database when it stealths the .iso files. Thanks for the help hackimus2.

6. dakii

dakii Member

sounds like you need to update your systems firmware to work with the new kinect update