1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone tell me why I cant copy this movie?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by JsnKmLv, Oct 20, 2004.

1. JsnKmLv

JsnKmLv Guest

It says "DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Programming error - exception occured The handle is invalid" Would someone be kind enough to tell me what that means Please?

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

JsnKmLv,
    Welcome to the forum. This problem error you received has shown up on a couple of forums. If you are using Shrink 3.2 then try version 3.17 as it seems to help. If you are using a Pioneer burner ( forgot the model # you might have to use Ifoedit to correct this. Most of the others that get this problem correct it by doing only the move. Do a Google search on " Programming error - exception occured The handle is invalid " and you will find out what I am talking about. It seems to be a problem w/ a couple of movie only though

3. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

There is a trick that sometimes works play the movie with a software DVD player (Power DVD, WinDVD etc.) and retry DVD Shrink see if it now works. Also up date DVD Shrink to the latest version.

4. gimpie

gimpie Member

I had the same error with the Punisher. I finally just copied just the movie because the problem occured at the very beginning in some unreferenced materials. Check out this thread, it hits on that error and what may be causing it. The very last post on that page is what was causing my problem. I didn't try the software dvd player, I will keep that in mind next time this occurs.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/107597

gimpie

5. birsling

birsling Guest

This is a great thread. I am having the exact same problem, and I thought it was caused by me using Nero Express 6, not because of my burner or special features. I am using a 16X Samsung Multi-format drive, has anyone heard of problems with that?

6. royuk

royuk Guest

I have used dvdShrink successfully dozens of times, but recently I ma getting error messages concerning "encryption". I have sometimes got round this using Smart Ripper or DVD Decryptor, but sometimes they don't work. One example that I have been unsuccessful with is Cheaper by the Dozen,
    Is there some new protection that my software can't handle or is it me doing something wrong? I have made sure that my versions are upto date

7. S2K

S2K Regular member

One example that I have been unsuccessful with is Cheaper by the Dozen,

kids titles are the most likely to be scratched unless you copy them the day you buy them. I had no problem with this title and shrink

8. royuk

royuk Guest

Hi S2K

I don't think it is a scratch or mark (cyclic redundancy error), it definitely says Encryption Error and it won't rip with either rp software that I use.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2004
  9. S2K

S2K Regular member

check several threads at digital digest as well

Last edited: Oct 30, 2004
  10. 01041003

01041003 Member

Hi, I get the same error on 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' im gonna try playing it on a softplayer and i'll post results back here in a bit. But...has anyone successfully ripped this dvd with menus and extras intact?? i dont really want to lose those...

11. GateXII

GateXII Member

Had same problem...just choose "Still Image" for the "unreferenced item" underneath the "extras" item from the list. Apparently that's where the copy protection is. Encoding "Eternal Sunshine..." as I'm typing this & no problems anymore.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2004
  12. royuk

royuk Guest

I had no problem with Eternal Sunshine, but the problem occurred again with The Missing. There was an "encryption" problem with this using DVDshrink and iot wouldn't rip