1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can somone pls tell me the exact steps on backing up a game containing DNAS precisely KILLZONE

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by SUBZERO18, Dec 6, 2004.

1. SUBZERO18

SUBZERO18 Member

OK my friend let me borrow his game killzone i want to make a back up. But i went to PS2nfo.com and it is to complicated for a newbie like me. If you can tell me the exact steps on how to patch up a game containing DNAS that would be great. If you can also say it in the most simplest form. Thx

2. SUBZERO18

SUBZERO18 Member

3. teggy

teggy Regular member

That guide is exactly what ppl would tell you, it looks hard from reading it. But once you get the programs needed it is really simple.

First use dvd decrypter on mode>iso>read and insert the killzone dvd. Back it up to my documents or something. Now you need to get a program called Disc ID utility, get the DVD version from www.ps2ownz.com.

When you get the utility, burn it woth dvd decrypter thn use swap magic dvd 2.0 to boot it in ur ps2. Once the util has loaded hit eject and put in Killzone then hit eject to send it back in and press x. In a few moments you will get various ID's, record the top one on a piece of paper.

Now get a program called isobuster and install it, open it and then open up your game image and searc for the DNASxxx.img and IOPROxxx files, highlight them and right click and extract. Save them somewhere then close iso buster.

Next get a program called dsc id insertor, if it asks you for a file when u try to open it, google for that file and then download it. Save it to your system folder inside the windows folder.
    Ok now open disc id insertor, and open up each of the DNASxxx.img files and IOPROxxx files individually, then hit scan and enter the number with the caps lock on and hit patch. If it tells you that a file does not contain any dnas then skip it.

Now get a program called winimage, open it and then open up the game image in it. When it is opened go to the folder where you found the DNASxxx.img and IOPROxxx files, then hit the button that says inject when u hover over it. When you hit inject you will get a window, in that window find the files you patched and then hit open. That injects the file you patched back into where u got it. If it says overwrite hit yes.

Make sure you are in the location where u extracted the file b4 you inject it, you must inject the files back where u got them.

Now after all this, just file and exit. You do not need to save as it does it automatically.

Next open Decrypter and insert a Blank DVD-r, then choose mode>iso>write. then open up the folder, and choose the MDF file for the game image and hit open. Then select your writing speed make sure you select 1x, if not select the slowest speed that your media allows. Then hit the button at the bottom that says decrypt when u hover over it.

Sorry if it's a bit drawn out but hope it helps.