1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can swap magic work in a modded ps2 slim scph-77006?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by 339944, Oct 18, 2007.

1. 339944

339944 Member

I have a modded ps2 slim scph-77006. I want to buy swap magic for loading USBAdvance...
    It is because when I loaded the game with USBAdvance, it stopped at 'loading please wait'
    I want to know
    Can swap magic work in my PS2?
    Can I load game(USBAdvance) with swap magic successfully?

2. 339944

339944 Member

Anyone help me please...

3. 6ixtynin9

6ixtynin9 Guest

Since your PS2 is modded, it's pointless purchasing Swap Magic as they both do the same job. Only swap magic is less convenient due to all the disc swapping and stuff. By the way, using Swap Magic for a slim PS2, requires a flip-top case or magic switch. There's no way around it. I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do. Are you trying to boot games from hard drive or boot the actual USBAdvance disc itself? Also, in your question "Can I load game(USBAdvance) with swap magic successfully?", It's not possible. You need to boot USBAdvance games from the USBAdvance menu. However, if you're talking about booting the USBAdvance disc, then yes you can do that with swap magic. But like I said earlier, since your PS2 is modded you don't need swap magic. Swap Magic is a software that allows you to boot backed-up or imported games/programs. Another thing you said "It is because when I loaded the game with USBAdvance, it stopped at 'loading please wait" is if you're able to boot USBAdnvance and cannot boot certain games from it, then it's possible that certain games are not compatible or needs to be put in a certain mode to work.

4. kaadi

kaadi Member

hi mods,
    this is my first ever post to this forum , so may i m in worng place or may be i broke somerules .so plz forgive me for this.
    my query is -
    i m frm india
    i 've got a modded ps2 77004a US version(modded in india)
    and i m very much new to all these things.
    what i want is to playgames through HDD(using a USB enclousre which l already have)
    i tried to play using the instructions given in that forum, but i was unable to do that.(using USBadvance n USBextreme)
    The 1 major prob is that i dont know which mod chip my vendor had used to mod my ps2 ....is there anyway that i can find which chip is installed in my ps2 so u ppl can have much more idea abt my query.

thanks 4 whatever u guys can do 4 me ...n i know u guys must b havin
    some solution for this noob :)
    n i must say u guys (mods) can do anything