1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can swapdisk dvd be backed-up?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by mugz, Sep 2, 2004.

1. mugz

mugz Member

I have had swapdisk for about a year now and I starting to get a few scratches on it. Can it be copied? I have not really tried yet just because I did not want to waste my time if I needed speacial tools.

I am guessing to just DVD decryptor or is something else. I am not even sure if the swapdisk dvd is a dvd or cd-rom?

Any help would be great before I scratch it up to the point where I cannot even back it up.

TIA

2. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

Sorry to be the one to tell u,but u can't make a back up of swapmagic.if we could then we wouldn't need the swapmagic disc to play ur copy games.just try to take care of the disc. if it get to bad just order another one, and keep it safe. odb

3. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

4. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

if you are worried about the disc becoming dammaged, make an exploit disc and load it to a mem card while your disc is still ok, then if it gets dammaged you have the cogswap exploit to fall back on

5. davedumb

davedumb Guest

how do you make this exploit thing - do you need to link your ps2 to a PC.

also my V8 ps2 reads all copied movies without a swap. maybe i can get it to read a copied swap disc.

has anyone ever managed to burn a game that doesn't need swapping???

6. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

games have area's on them that can't be copied by a dvd burner, dvd movies are different to games, there is no way to play a copied game without a boot method, the exploit is simple to make, you just need a psx game to use as a trigger disc, follow the link in my sig' and read the noobie help page, if you want me to make an exploit img for you to butn to cd-r pm me your e mail address, and some disc id's (the sles, sces,scus etc, # from the front of the disc) from any psx games you have.