1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can;'t fine the movie on the HD

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bklyn1028, Dec 15, 2004.

1. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

for some reason...(never happened b4...but the last 3 movies are the same) I use decrypter to rip, then go to shrink for the rest..what used to be was.............when i opened up shrink, and hit "open file" there was the movie in that drive right there in that window...now it isn't there..not even in the folder i put it in...so now i have to go to windows explorer...and click on the drive..and right click on the file..and use..."open with"...never had to do that b4...anyone have any idea what is happening..it works..but a pain in the ass!!!

2. wild77

wild77 Guest

What mode are you using with Decrypter, File IFO or ISO? If you use file when you open Shrink you can use the open file button.If you use the ISO mode then you have to click on FILE>OPEN DISK IMAGE then look for the ISO file.You might just need to double check all your settings.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Just another suggestion if that doesn't work -

The next time you get ready to burn, lQQk at the default address and see if your files are there.

I do agree that you're probably ripping in the ISO mode and looking for them in the Open File (file mode). Because they're an ISO they will not show up in the DVD Shrink browser.

If you still cannot find them, search for the latest date of created files after a rip and you'll find them for sure -

Merry Xmas,

Pete

4. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

you were both right....i have been inadvertantly...(wow what a word).....using "ISO" mode..not "file" mode in decrypter...as soon (last nite) when i changed back to "file"...low and behold...there those little suckers were in shrink when i hit..."open files"
    thanx guys

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

We're glad that your problem has been solved.

Let's not think about saying "Goodbye" just yet -

We'd still like you to stop by and visit even when you don't have problems you need help with - "Pop" in when you can and cruise around the different forums. You never know when we might have something that can make your computer work a little easier. You might pickup some valuable tips to boot. Checkout the "Safety Valve", it's a place where we "Chew the fat" on just about every topic under the sun. Heck, check out our forums on Digital Camcorders, Photography, Home Theater components, Games OR p2p topics.

As an extra added bonus, when you see another person with a problem and you feel you might know something that could help, join in. As the Ogre said to the Cyclops, " Three heads are better than two." (Lol) You'll then see how much fun we have helping others. As a current member of our little club you can welcome the new guys in -

We'll look forward to seeing you. "Me ?" You'll find me hangin' out over there by the water cooler, sittin' under the potted palm with my feet propped up, sipping on a "cold one", waiting for the next "Newbie" with a problem that I can help them with - maybe you'd like to join me . . . ? I'll be lQQkin for you - -

Till then,

I'll be Sea'n you -

Pete ;p)

6. wild77

wild77 Guest

Another problem solved thanks to the Afterdawn Forums! [bold]ScubaPetes[/bold] tips have been very helpful during my learning curve.Thanks for all the Great guides and tips.Happy Holidays to all!

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Right back at you wild77,

And To you and everyone else ~

SEASON'S GREETINGS and all the best for a Happy New Year ~

Pete