1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can the fliptop mod play DVD-Rs and Imports?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ropeadope, Sep 8, 2004.

1. ropeadope

ropeadope Regular member

Ello, i searched and searched but couldnt find the answers to these following questions, if you can please help me out or point me to a different thread that has the answers, i'd appreciate it.

First of all, what can't you play on a fliptop? Can it play pretty much all backups, DVDRs, and imports? What doesn't work with it? I'm not going to get a mod chip, so don't start that whole argument :p.

How is online play affected by the flip top? I play lots of PS2 online now, and i don't want to get banned from playing online just because my ps2 is modded. I heard if you have a modded Xbox and play online Xbox Live, you get banned for life or something like that. I was wondering if it's something similar like that with PS2. I'd be using the original games i paid for.

Where's the best place to buy a flip top? Those questions will do for now :), any info will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

with the aid of cd/dvd loader swapmagic and the fliptop can load most dvdr backups and imports(check out http://www.swapmagicfix.com for problem games and there fixes).
    The fliptop wont make any difference for online play if you are using orignal ps2 games, they will work just as before, you can also boot backups of online games with swap magic and play them online(must be patched with correct dnas code)
    hope this answers some of your questions

3. ropeadope

ropeadope Regular member

Cool, thanks. So i can't download swapmagic, burn it and use it eh? I guess that couldn't make sense, heh.

If anyone knows a good place to buy a fliptop (plus the swapmagic CD i guess), lemme know, thanks.

edit: by the way, my ps2 is like a Version 1.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2004