1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can the PSP slim TV game output be changed

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by bakedpsp, Jan 18, 2008.

1. bakedpsp

bakedpsp Member

I got a psp slim and NO CABLE, so when they finally came out i got one. the output of the games are about half the resolution, can this be changed to full screen?
    The movies output in full screen and look great, but you get let down a bit when you put a game on and its half the size :-(
    I got a 42" tv and they end up bein bout 20"
    Feed back would be much apreciated

cheers ppl

2. josh041

josh041 Regular member

you cant...thats how it was made...so your stuck like that. but at least yours work...
    mines comes out double screened on the t.v...
    so it comes out split screen...so i have to xmb screens on the psp and when im playing a game, two screens of the game

3. __666__

__666__ Member

That's not entirely correct.

There is a Dark Alex Homebrew Full-screen TV fix that permits home-brew devs to use the full-screen (i.e. emulators like GPSP Kai). They have to re-build their applications, but from what I understand the fixes are so basic that it might simple to do (depending on what the application does).

4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

TC wanted to know if you can change the psp games, not homebrew.

you can't change the size. all the games are designed for 480p.

5. bigbla12

bigbla12 Guest

are you sure that all games follow that 480p strictly. i don't wanna believe what sony says without seeing an attempt from someone whose actually skilled at coding (quote un-quote) DAX. believe so mentioned that no games period would be able to operate through the composite cable. and they said there would be lag. i've got doom and snes and no lag. skrew sony.

6. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

ALL psp games are in 480p from the factory. homebrew is not encoded in progressive scan; that's why you can use them with the standard composites.

7. snofleas

snofleas Member

but why cant the psp upscale?
    i can watch plenty of 480p media upscaled on my tv, and it looks fantastic.
    some dvds i watch through my ps3&hdmi blow me away.