1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can there be an index 2 in a .CUE file

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by stevepick, Mar 17, 2005.

1. stevepick

stevepick Member

I have recieved on of those many .BIN files without a .CUE file. Normally NERO 6 can do with a standard CUE file ala

FILE "ZZZ.bin" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

But the burned image halts. Others are in the same situation with this .bin file.

I have seen some CUE files with an INDEX 02 00:01:00
    or something like that. I have tried several contruct, even MIDE2/2352. Can the INDEX information be recontructed, so that the SVCD movie can start ?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

(I think you might be on the wrong forum)

Usually the movie discs are MODE1/2352 or MODE2/2336.

I suggest you to run VCDGear, select, in the 1st screen, [bold] bin [disc image] -> mpeg [/bold] and re-make the VCD image with the output mpeg, choosing the 2nd box [video-cd] and making [bold] mpeg -> cue/bin [disc image][/bold].
    In this way you'll be sure the image will go and that the system (PAL/NTSC) is the correct one (you'll have thto re-encode the movie if it's not). Of corse, VCD/SVCD will have to be selected accordingly to the (S)VCD .bin image it was (it'll be done automatically: an error will occur if you choose the wrong type).

For such things, please go to the http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/40 page....

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  3. stevepick

stevepick Member

Thanks
    I suspected taht there was two tracks. The second with an index a littele further in.

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Usually the two 'tracks' (i.e. 2 movies on a CD) are in the disc in the form
    D:\MPEGAV\AVSEQ01.DAT + D:\MPEGAV\AVSEQ02.DAT (VCD)
    D:\MPEG2\AVSEQ01.MPG + D:\MPEG2\AVSEQ02.MPG (SVCD)

and you can detect them only by viewing a 'mounted' image (they will be in the E:\ unit, in this case)...