1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can this be done.

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by huerta, Jan 16, 2007.

1. huerta

huerta Guest

I am starting to burn some ogms that I have to dvd. I started and got all the way to the Authoring part. The problem is that I have the 2 audio streams, 1 japanese and 1 english, and I have an srt subtitle. I am using TMPGEnc DVD Author 2.0. I was wondering if it's possible to put subtitles as a stream itself with TMPGEnc or not? I don't want the subtitles to be hardencoded since I don't want to see them when I watch the english version. So is there a way to make it so I can have the subs as a selectable source with TMPGEnc or with any other program.

2. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

TMPGEnc DVD Author 2.0 doesn't support subtitles. You would need to use different authoring software, something like DVD Lab Pro, Muxman, IFOEdit etc.

3. huerta

huerta Guest

Thx for the info but can I ask which of these you think is the easiest to use. I was trying to use DVDLab but it had a very difficult interface for me. Unless you can point me to a proper guide on how to author with it. Sorry if I sound noobish but I just bought my dvd-drive 2 weeks ago and am still learning the ropes of all this.