1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can u play burned games on live

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by skoold, Apr 9, 2007.

1. skoold

skoold Guest

i'm a lil new at ttis and i was wondering which method or any method at all lets you played burned games on xbox live

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

omg, search bar this...and yes you can play burnt games on live, just use the method that everyone has been doing for the last 5 months or so.

3. Biggie420

Biggie420 Guest

U can play burned games. A 360 without XBOX Live is useless.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

no special method, just flashing the DVD drive with the latest firmware.

5. chemisics

chemisics Member

6. wabashman

wabashman Active member

priated are illegal, backups are when you own the origonal disc and make a 'backup' to play in order to preserve your origonal to keep it from getting ruined.

7. chemisics

chemisics Member

burnt games mean you download and burn? isn't that the same as pirated? i'm a little confused as how you can play live with burnt games

8. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

The act of burning has to be done regardless of whether you rip your bought authentic games or download the games. Basically, if you own the authentic original and have a burned copy of it, its a backup. If you have a burned copy of the game and don't own the authentic original, its a pirated copy.

9. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

if you have your drive flashed yes you can

if you have a modchip ,it's better that you DON`T play backups on live, due to the risk of being banned.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  10. chemisics

chemisics Member

burnt games consists both pirated and own backup. so i guess both can be played online if you flash your drive. right?

11. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

it doesn't matter if you have the original or if you dowloaded the game ,what matters is if you flash the drive or if you have the modchip

for now you can only have problems if you have the modchip

12. steimy

steimy Active member

simple answer is yes, if you mod your drive like 90% of the others by flashing the DVD drive with the newest firmware, you can get on live just fine.
    How you might ask? Because the firmware does what is called stealth patching and that fools the 360 into showing it as a legitimate copy (original disc) on the machine.

and one side note. If you burn a copy, wheather you own the original or not, it is illegal. I do not agree with the law, but that is the way it is. Making any copy of a game or movie is illegal. People just accept it more when people are backing up their original discs instead of downloading a copy and burning it. As do i because i see no harm in backing up your legally owned copy to keep the original safe. Especially if you have kids who try to eat them or use them as frisbee's

13. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

in physical form, yest they are the same. when he said backups work but pirated games dont, he was pretty much saying that piracy isn't allowed on AD, as in: dont burn games unless you own the original copy