1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can' view the movie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fred65, Dec 22, 2007.

1. fred65

fred65 Member

I was tryiny to download movie on limewire & when I try to preview it. It says ( cannot render files) It happens on most of newer movies. Am I missing some codecs or what. I'm new at this & any help would be appreciated.

2. attar

attar Senior member

If it's an AVI, drag it on to 'GSpot' and it will tell you the name of the codecs and whether they are installed on your PC.
    Media players like 'VLC' can play most formats.They contain there own codecs, independent of the system.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/v26x/GSpot270a.zip

This example needs XviD video and an AC3 Audio codec.

[​IMG]

3. fred65

fred65 Member

thanks attar. the movie said it was avi. but when i drug it to g-spot said was (rar). like i said i'm a real newbie at this. when i pushed 1 on the bottom it said unknown & a number ox800402. i must be doing something wrong.

4. attar

attar Senior member

5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

@fred
    you would not be able to preview the movie while is downloading(like you are able with an mp3). I don't know about AVI files, but it works with mpeg and wmv files. You go to the folder where LimeWire saves the incomplete files, locate the incomplete file and copy it to a different location and try to preview. It works with some files.