1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you burn mpeg or dat files to dual layer dvd discs

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by kngbidder, May 1, 2005.

1. kngbidder

kngbidder Guest

Travis here,

I have a bunch of videos, most are mpeg1 some mpeg2 and some dat. can you burn them to a dual layer disc with nero and if so how do you change the setting to burn 9gbs.

sincerely,
    travis

2. neojapan

neojapan Regular member

3. neojapan

neojapan Regular member

whoops messed up the link is after the http://

4. kngbidder

kngbidder Guest

Whats a dvd-r disc

sincerely,
    travis

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi Travis,

First off - you need:

1. A DVD writer
    2. A DVD Dual-layered disc (cost about) $6. - 7. (if purchased in packs of 5 or more) A single disc costs $ 9.99.

You need to have a full version Nero 6.6 Ultra Edition AND you have got to find out something about DVD's.

For example, a DVD-r, is a single-write 4.7 GB DVD disc which only holds 4.36GB of information and which costs approx. $.50ea when bought in small quantities.

Here is a site to answer DVD questions which you must have tons & tons.

http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html#4.3

You'll first want to find out why different MPEG - AVI files etc, won't play on a DVD unless they are rendered - that means changed from the format they are in to something that will work on a DVD player.

Off you go . . .

You have some learning to do . . .

You don't have to know everything BUT you have to know something . . .

Burning CD's isn't even close to DVD's. It's a Brave New World . . .

Cheers little Grasshopper,

Pete

6. kngbidder

kngbidder Guest

Thanks for the reply but honestly I have burned a ton of dvd's. I make them for my pioneer flip touch-screen dvd player in my car for long trips. What I have not done is ever burn a dual layer, so I am very farmiliar with the burning process but I an still very green (you know the old saying, when your green you grow when your ripe you rot!) when it comes to dual layer.

I was having some problems with trying my first dual layer burn but it turned out to be terrible discs (memorex)now I am using verbatim.

Just to give you an idea of what I am running. I am running windows xp,nero 6.6.0.12,nero vision express 3, dvd shrink 3.2, dvd decrypter 3.5.4.0, TMPGEnc 2.5, ace mega codec pack and a mad dog 16x9dvd dual layer burner.

I tell ya though since you are so wise in your ways you could help me out. I want to convert all my mpeg1, dat.file, quick time files and windows media files (these are all movie files)to dvd files for faster burning, do you or anyone know something that might batch convert or convert these files very fast to mpeg-2 or dvd files. TMPGEnc is sort of slow.

sincerely,
    travis

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Travis,

Your query of a DVD-R disc did sort of throw me. Most pple who start with DVD's know what a DVD-R is.

I personally like TMPGEnc and TMPGEnc DVD Author BUT you can also use NeroVision to render your files to VOB's to burn to disc.

Cheers,

Pete