1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you burn psp game isos and how do you do so?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by xbxgamer, Nov 27, 2005.

1. xbxgamer

xbxgamer Member

I will be buying a 1GB Memory Pro Stick Duo and I am planning on burning psp isos onto the memory stick, but I have a few questions.
    1) Can you download psp game isos and how big of files are they?
    2) What else do you need to burn psp game isos on a memory stick?
    3) Is all of this possible?
    Thanks
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. stan1976

stan1976 Regular member

You don't "burn" anything to a memory stcik. You write to it just like any other drive. You can download or rip ISO files and put them on your stick. You either need a memory card reader for you PC or a USB cable to connect your PSP to your PC. Download either Fastloader or UMD Emulator and these can run ISO files from the memory stick. You can Google both or check a site like www.psp-hacks.com. ISO files uncompressed are very large, sometimes well over 1 gig. Typically, they are shrunk by the person who rips them. Sometimes data such as videos or audio from the game are removed to save space. This all depends on where you get it and how skilled the original ripper was in doing this stuff. There was another post here about torrents today you should check about downloading. Also check newgsroups. I use Newsbin Pro for that.
  4. xbxgamer

xbxgamer Member

Thanks stan. So what do you recommend I buy if I want to write, say for example, Coded Arms or Metal Gear Acid, onto a memory stick. Would I need a memory stick thats larger than 1 GB or could I compress the file and play it on a 1 GB memory stick?
  5. xbxgamer

xbxgamer Member

Also whats with all this firmware crap? I have no idea what people are talking about. I bought my psp a month or two after it came out and I haven't touched it since. Is firmware an OS or something? Anc can I just dl it? Thanks.
  6. sackingz

sackingz Guest

firmware is not a OS...its something that Sony brings out to improve PSP..version 2.5 came out..look in teh PSP to see what version u got...people use 1.50 for Homebrew...
  7. stan1976

stan1976 Regular member

Firmware is not an OS. It is a type of code writtent o the internal memory that makes the unit work and allows it to do certain things. As for ISO files, some can be compressed to below 1 Gig without losing anything, some can't. I really don't know much more about ISO files than playing them. I would get the biggest memory stick they make if you can afford it. If not, then a 1 Gig stick will do for the most part. You can download new firmwares from Sony, but if you are interested in homebrew applications such as emulators and homemmade games you have to use 1.5 firmware. Right now a downgrader exists that let's you go down from 2.0 to 1.5, but if you upgrade any higher than 2.0 you cna't do homebrew for now.
  8. ario85

ario85 Member

guys can i play iso's from with my psp v.2.0
    and if iso was USA can i play it on my eur PSP
    thx
  9. Steelankh

Steelankh Member

No, you cannot play iso's from version 2.0.
    But i want to know if you can downgrade your psp back to version 1.5 and, how?
  10. libenja

libenja Regular member

1.5 for homebrew and isos only.

2.0+ cannot run homebrew and isos.

You dump the UMD data onto the memory stick using fastloader or any other dumping tool.

firmware is the version of the system files, "OS" if you want to call it (but it ain't).
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2005
  11. pcl8on

pcl8on Guest

need some help too please. just some questions:

1. of all is psp version 1.52 low enough firmware to play iso files with fastloader or do i need to get version 1.50?
    2. all i keep on getting with fastloader is that files are corrupt and could not start (80020148) is this because i have firmware 1.52? if so how do i get 1.50 as the mph downgrader only works with ver 2,0 doesn't it? PLEASE HELP!!!
  12. steve191

steve191 Regular member

Yes you need version 1.5 exactly. To downgrade to 1.5 firstly you will need to upgrade to verison 2.0 and then downgrade using mph.
  13. Steelankh

Steelankh Member

What is mph? I doubt it is miles per hour. :)
  14. libenja

libenja Regular member

MPH is a TEAM. They make stuff.

they made the MPH DOWNGRADER and the MPH FIRMWARE LOADER.
  15. Steelankh

Steelankh Member

16. Gmoneyp

Gmoneyp Member

so please explain how i can down grade and where to get the software i just got my psp and it is version 2.0 and i wanna be able to burn games on it. Thanks!
  17. Jalathole

Jalathole Guest

you can get the complete downgrade kit from my website.
  18. Gmoneyp

Gmoneyp Member

19. pulento9

pulento9 Member

can somebody tell me what are the steps of making an actual iso of a psp game? I mean if it's an iso then i would just make an image of the psp game and put it on the memory card, that's how easy? thanks
  20. Joeva

Joeva Regular member

Last edited: Feb 14, 2006