1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you buy a doubble layer burner (dvd9)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by c7015, Feb 8, 2003.

1. c7015

c7015 Regular member

Is it possible to buy a Doubble layer Dvd burner and if you can, can they still burn dvd 5 or only dvd 9 and if they can only burn dvd 9 can you put a dvd 5 ps2 game on a dvd 9 disc and still have the ps2 recognise it
    just wondering if anyone knows ?

2. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

No, I'm afraid not. These formats are readable by home units, but (almost) certainly will NEVER be writable with a home DVD burner. This is not necessarily a disaster though, as you can split a movie onto two DVD-Rs, or compress the file (including removing extras etc) to fit on one.

Paul.

3. c7015

c7015 Regular member

How long is it going to be before sony decides to put ps2 games on dvd9 discs and we have to compress games to play them

You have asked this question in a new thread. Please do not make multiple posts.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2003
  4. dreadogg

dreadogg Guest

i dont know if compressing games would work? but I bet there would be a way to fit them to two disks!

5. c7015

c7015 Regular member

2 discs definatly wouldent work because the files are not in order they are there when they are called upon so if you had 2 discs the ps2 would look for a file at different situations and it could be on either disc so you could either have constant switching or most likely errors