1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you change the region code of your Xbox360?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Gonzo84, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Gonzo84

Gonzo84 Member

I bought my Xbox in South Korea and I now live in Thailand and got a copied game in Thailand but when I put in the system is says "This disc's region code is incorrect for this console." What do I do? Is there an online site where I can buy games for my region? The game I bought was a copy and my system is modded. Would an original game work if bought in Thailand?

How hard is it to change the region of the Xbox360 so it is region free?

I've read I need to download new firmware. anyone have a link for this? Do you know how to open it once I burn it to a cd and put it in my Xbox?

I burned a copy of a firmware from http://tdb.rpc1.org/ but it wouldn't open when I burned it to a disc and put it in my system. I also tried putting the file on a flash drive and I wouldn't show up with the new dashboard I got.

An suggestions?
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. leerage

leerage Regular member

It is a very complicated process and would not be worth your time. It requires additional hardware and only works on specific consoles.
  4. UMDJ

UMDJ Regular member

i dont know about changing region codes of xbox 360's but you could try finding out what your region is and burn your own games that are available, if you have the necessary equipment, dvd+r dl and a dvd dl burner, and to update your drives firmware is far more involved than just popping in a cd or usb drive,
  5. chris4160

chris4160 Guest

From what I've read, South Korea uses NTSC, so download an NTSC format game and see if that works. If it does, your console is NTSC, and in future buy/download NTSC games.
  6. jasonx1

jasonx1 Guest

while where on this subject i am after a game called deadlist catch
    crab fishing ect its usa title and only plays on usa region can i change the region code to play this game on a pal console cheers
  7. assman21

assman21 Guest

8. chris4160

chris4160 Guest

There's no way to change the region of an .iso, try downloading a region free/pal copy.
  9. wabashman

wabashman Active member

there is no pal deadliest catch, nor is it region free. but trust me, you dont really want to play the game. i've been playing it for the last few days, and its good at first, but its really really boring (at least career mode is). just drop some pots in the 'hot area' let them soak, then then drive back by to have your crew pick them up.