1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CAN YOU COPY A COPY OF AN XCOPY MOVIE?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by chazbmwUS, May 11, 2003.

1. chazbmwUS

chazbmwUS Guest

I just wanted to know if anyone has copied a movie back up from XCOPY that was larger than 4.7 G,but you extracted just movie files to fit on a DVD5. Can this be done?Then copy the XCOPY copy with DVD Decrypter?

2. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

I dont think you can copy a movie created from dvdxcopy or express.

cheezzzz

3. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

No, that would not go over well with the mpaa, xcopy is set up so that you can only copy original dvd's the warning on the dvd is a part of what's added, xcopy will reject a dvd that is already a backup. I would also suspect that to appease the mpaa backup dvd's still retain css and definately macrovision and region coding, so one would need dvddecrypter or smart ripper, after ripping it would be easy however to burn the discs as they already have to correct file format and size, I do not remember where, but I have read that you can take the files created by xcopy and remove the warning before burning, this would still apply to ripping the dvd's and(especially with xcopy xpress) you could remove all region and macrovision and css as well as the warning from the once-ripped xcopy backup, thus giving you a very well (file) structured dvd with no annoying protection that fits perfectly to one or two dvd's with all the menus and extras.

4. chazbmwUS

chazbmwUS Guest

Hmmm, Interesting
    I heard that once you make a copy of your original DVD,that Xcopy deletes these files.
    I was wondering if the movie is compressed by Xcopy to fit on a DVD5,could you just rip that DVD w/Decrypter or Smartripper and make a copy?

5. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

SEE ABOVE!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Just another lonely Hawaiian with:
    P4 2.66Ghz, 120gb HD (7200rpm)
    512mb DDR333 (PC2700) SDRAM
    Samsung CD-ROM SC-140C
    Sony DVD RW DW-U12A(OEM for DRU500AX)
    DXC v1.52 online; v1.50 standby
    Smartipper/DvdDecrypter
    Dvd2one/Nero 551028 Enterprise Ed[/small]

Last edited: May 12, 2003
  6. macolon1

macolon1 Member

You can make a copy f an X copy movie by using Nero. It looks like XCopy deletes the copyright protection. I done it a couple of times already.

7. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

You cant reveal how you did it in this forum. I myself discovered this technique accidentally.

cheezzzz_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Just another lonely Hawaiian with:
    P4 2.66Ghz, 120gb HD (7200rpm)
    512mb DDR333 (PC2700) SDRAM
    Samsung CD-ROM SC-140C
    Sony DVD RW DW-U12A(OEM for DRU500AX)
    DXC v1.52 online; v1.50 standby
    Smartipper/DvdDecrypter
    Dvd2one/Nero 551028 Enterprise Ed[/small]

Last edited: May 12, 2003
  8. MikeBUK

MikeBUK Guest

You can easily create another backup copy of the movie by using Nero and the direct 'on the fly' option, assuming you have a second DVD-Rom drive. If you havn't you can collect the files from the recycle bin (which Xpress automatically chucks them in) and then use the DVDvideo option with Nero to drag and drop the files and then burn. You should be aware that this was not what the Xpress product was designed to do!. Yes Xpress automatically extracts the movie only and fits it on to one DVD5 disc so the files created are movie only. The quality is pretty good.

9. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

10. chazbmwUS

chazbmwUS Guest

Thank you very much.

chaz