1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you copy games without opening your pc drive or 360 ??

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by stephen02, May 19, 2007.

1. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

Hi there can u backup your games with the pc without having a certan drive or opening the xbox 360, i have a sony aw-g170a and id like to know if there is a way to copy xbox 360 games without opening this drive for the swap copy trick or opening my xbox 360.(xbox backup creator wont work)

2. DanandJen

DanandJen Regular member

No you cannot. The xbox file system may be similar to FAT, but it is completely different. In order to backup a game you need to either modify the firmware on the 360 and run exploits or hook it to a pc and do it from there.

3. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

not true. you can use a samsung dh-162c or a dh-163a and make backups.

4. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

u will need to install a sammy drive into ur pc
    but ur question is u dont want to open up ur pc what so eva so no unless u get someone to do it for u but the most u will need to do is to take off one side of ur pc case andthat it to fit in the sammy drive and flash it with kreon v081

5. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

hi i bought a samsung drive with korean firmware and i will install it when it arrives, do i need xbox backup software now ??

6. steimy

steimy Active member

yes, you will need Xbox Backup Creator, I suggest version 2.4
    and also you will need IMGburn, i suggest version 2.1
    both of which you can find online and both are free. Then you need some Verbatim DVD+R DL discs with a 6X max speed
    Now you can go read a tutorial on how to back them up.

7. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

Hi thanks i have verbs, 2.4x printable ones, i could only find xbox backup creator 2.5 but i have img burn. Thanks for the help

8. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

Last edited: May 23, 2007