1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you create chapters in VCDs?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by starfield, Jan 23, 2005.

1. starfield

starfield Member

I've had success with using Nero, TMPGEnc and VCDGear, but is it possible to make chapters if you are making one long movie? As in the kinds of chapters you get on DVDs, cos it takes forever to search thru a long movie otherwise!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yup you sure can....You can add chapter points in VCD"s useing "VCDEasy" and even "Ulead DVD Movie Factory" ....

It is even better to Put your VCD"s on to DVD and that way you can use all of the Features DVD has to offer Pluss you can fit 4 VCD Movies on a single DVD and seeing as How CD-R"s and DVD-R"s cost about the same now it is Cheaper to Put VCD"s on to DVD, You just have to Remember that DVD audio has to be 48000hz were VCD audio is 44100hz so you have to change the sample rate of the audio in the VCD"s before putting them on DVD but some DVD authoring programs will do this for you.....Cheers

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Sometimes, on my DVD reader (JVC), even on a VCD I can jump to a certain point, selecting a proper icon and then inputting the time I want to reach.
    The only problem, and I haven't still understood why, that sometimes the 'jump to..' icon is disabled and sometimes (on the same VCD!!) it's enabled...

4. starfield

starfield Member

thanks Minion, I'll give it a go. :)