1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can you downgrade with a dead battery

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mucktar, Jun 5, 2007.

1. mucktar

mucktar Member

i have a dead battery that wont charge and i want to downgrade from vrs 2.71 to 1.50 then upgrade to one of the 3.3 custome firmwhares that are hacked. can i do this with the charger that came with the psp or do i need the battery. and if i need the battery why is that . im kinda new to the psp moding seen so plz forgive me.

2. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

I dont think thats such a good idea to not have a battery, because if I remember correctly when the dowgrader is running it checks for a battery to see how much charge you have on it-and if its less than 75%,i think it aborts the downgrade altogether.. You may want to invest in a battery, or at least borrow from someone providing your PSP will charge it-and then attempt your downgrades.

3. mucktar

mucktar Member

i can charge a battery . its my battery that is bad and i have no idea why. i cheaked the voltages and it shows up as 4volts but the psp is still dead . im just going to use my friends psp battery.if anyone has comon spots to cheak the battery for problems i would be verry tankfull

4. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Just buy a new one or something. You will need it.