1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you fix a stuttering Xvid file ?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by zooco, Feb 4, 2005.

1. zooco

zooco Regular member

When I play this Xvid video clip ( .avi file ; From Gspot, I discovered it is a Xvid video with mp3 audio) it keeps on "stuttering" the whole time !
    I used Xvid 2.1 and BSPlayer : nothing changed with the stuttering .
    I tried VirtualDub v1.6.3 but it could not even play the video . The error message was that it could not find an audio decompressor to process the audio ! I even loaded the "AC-3 ACM Decompressor 0.7" and Lame mp3 decoder but it still did not work . Is there a chance to fix this audio problem ? Please comment.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Windows comes with an ACM mp3 decoder. You haven't been installing codec packs have you? Because it sounds like your system is screwed up.

3. zooco

zooco Regular member

Yes, I did install and uninstall several Codec packs in the last few weeks (i.e K-Lite Mega Codec Pack etc...). I can still listen to mp3 music and watch various video clips and DVD on my system . The issue here is whether the appropriate codec for MP3 sound in this Xvid clip is missing or the Xvid video clip itself is screwed up in its audio track ? Please advise

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Try the file with mplayer or VLC as they aren't effected by installed codecs.

5. zooco

zooco Regular member

I tried VLC Player v0.8.1 but the result was the same : video was O.K. but the sound was stuttering as before ! My question is : is this file salvagable ? Please help... Thanks.