1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you get back the windows vista logo on startup

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Mickoz74, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

hi all
    just curios i lost the windows startup for windows 7 got it back easily with command prompt running as admin, anyone know how to do this for vista 32 bit?
    thanks

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Should be able to get the default logon back the same way you did for win 7,the other option is use logonstudio from wincustomize ,then either have original reset by selecting & applying or use any of the logons from the download gallery or have a picture of your choice as the logon,there's cursorfx as well if you want to change the cursor to somth'n better,both programs are free may as well look at objectdock as well while your there..lol..

unsubbed

3. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

mine is like this [​IMG]and id like it back like this [​IMG] thats the best way i can describe it, it used to have a logo when i first had laptop. Ive googled it and all i seem to get is info on what to do if my pc hangs at that part of the boot process, this boots ok.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  4. keebles

keebles Regular member

1. Boot into Windows vista and click on "Start button -> All Programs -> Accessories". Now right-click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run As Administrator". If you are prompted to enter password, enter the password and continue. You can also open Command Prompt in Administrator mode by typing "cmd" in Start Menu Search box and press "Ctrl+Shift+Enter".

2. Now provide following command:

bcdedit /set {current} locale en-US

The above command is for English version of Windows, if you are using some other language version, then change "en-US" to your own locale.

3. Exit Command Prompt and restart your system. Now the new animated Windows vista boot screen should be back in action.

NOTE: If the above method doesnt work for you, provide following command again using Command Prompt:

bcdboot %WinDir% /l en-US

And restart your system. Itll work now.

5. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

thanks it was something similar to that i did for win 7 think it was the bottom command in cmd

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  6. keebles

keebles Regular member

7. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

its on my laptop will do it today and let you know?

8. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

bcdboot %windir% /1 en_US
    'bcdboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
    first command says it worked but still no logo. it did not give me the option to reboot or not either like it did on windows 7