1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you get caught if you have roms on your PSP after 24 hours?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by dadudesam, Feb 21, 2007.

1. dadudesam

dadudesam Member

Does someone track roms if they are 24 hours old? or can i just keep MK1 on my psp forever without any worries...?

2. master353

master353 Regular member

im not sure, i see site that says you must delete this rom in 24 hours, so i just don't download from them.

3. matt11504

matt11504 Regular member

no not unless the swat team comes crashing threw your ceiling and takes it away. or you send it to sony with them on it. i know dude with tons of roms and has never had any roms tracked or nothing so i would say its safe.

4. Static_

Static_ Regular member

You're worried about having Mortal Kombat 1 for sega genesis on your PSP? Maybe if you warped 10 years back in time there might be an issue, but I wouldn't worry about it bud.

5. matt11504

matt11504 Regular member

yeah with games that old i dont think anybody caresa that people download the roms except the game companys.
    that little 24 hour thing is like something they have to say to cover their a$$ so there not a piracy site.

6. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Also how do you think it's possible to track the rom files and tell how long you have them on your PSP? You can see what IP the person who downloaded the rom file had, but you might have problems getting the offline address that belongs to the IP.

7. ElXando

ElXando Regular member

dont be so dumb. of course they cant track it on your psp unless they are very smart and u tell them ur psps mac address. they cant trace downloads.

8. matt11504

matt11504 Regular member

the way i see it is, its ok to download roms,isos,mp3s,etc. as long as you dont sell them becuase thats just wrong.

9. sinsaint

sinsaint Guest

some people do care, companies are bothered also, nintendo charge £5+ on the wii per nes game and about £7.50 for a N64 game, but i do not see any problem if you download it and already have the cartridge, or testing the rom for 24h.

also on a sidenote, they cant trace roms, they are user ripped and shared, as someone said earlier only way you would get caught is if you left them on a memstick and sent it to sony.