1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you help me with this game (and talk reeeeaaalll slow ;O)

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by JodiBelle, Sep 13, 2004.

1. JodiBelle

JodiBelle Member

I am trying to back up my 5 yo's Barbie game so I can hold on to the original and keep it safe from her brother. I didn't realize until I had tried to copy it twice that it must have some kind of protection (For a Barbie game?....). Well, I have read through here a little and scanned it with A-Ray. This is what it says: [bold]"SecuROM 4.84.81.0001 detected -> F:\Beauty\Beauty\Beauty.exe
    [19:03:49 PM] --- File(s) Scan Finished [7.55s] ---
    [19:04:02 PM] SecuROM detected -> F:\BeautyBoutique [FF5AD4A3][/bold]
    I tried to burn it on Alchohol using the Securom 4x/5x setting and it doesn't work. I get the menu but once I hit play it does nothing. Can someone please give me a "Burning your kid's Barbie game for Dummies" explanation please?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hiya JodiBelle,

I've the same game and love it ;)

Seriously though, for SecuROM 4.84 you're going to need a burner that's up to task. What I mean by that is in order to back up game protections the burner must be capable of writing the protection back to the disc correctly. Unfortunately not all burners can.

We'll need to know what make/model burner you have. If you don't know, Alcohol 120% should list it for you in the available drives drop down menu.

You might as well download the trial version of BlindWrite 5 since A120 is a poor choice for backing up SecuROM.

Post back with what drive you have and we'll see what we can do :)

3. JodiBelle

JodiBelle Member

Ok, unless I am doing this wrong, Nero infotool says, I believe, I have an HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8483B and a Toshiba ODD-DVD SD-R5272. Hope that means something to you because the only recognizable word to me is Toshiba (outside Cd-RW and DVD-RW, not quite that much of a git). Hope it means I can copy this game though. Thanks so much for taking the time out to help me.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hmmmm,

I can't find your exact model burner on any of the lists that show which burners can back up games. I think the best we can do right now is give BlindWrite a go and see if we can't get a working copy. BW is pretty simple to use but if you have any questions feel free to ask :)