1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can You Mod a 360 Elite?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by furashu, Jul 9, 2007.

1. furashu

furashu Regular member

Hi i tried the search function... no luck.
    anyways can i flash/mod a 360 elite to play backup games?

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

you have a 1/3 chance to mod it, the drives mircrosoft is shipping with those is the hitachi v78 and 79 drives, and also the benq drive, so if you happen to have a v78 drive then yes you can flash it. if it is the 79 or benq, you are going to have to wait for a modified firmware to come out. how do you know without opening the system?? just goto 360drives.com and check it out, all you need is your lot number and man.date, which is conveniently located on the back of the console.

3. JAMUS

JAMUS Member

I just recently bought one. From what research I've done so far it appears mine can be flashed...but this process seems so complicated. There must be an easier way to mod it.

4. JAMUS

JAMUS Member

I have a 79 drive. I've been searching for the answer but no dice. I want to play my games off of the hard drive. Also I'm having trouble connecting it to my computer using the Ethernet cable. I've troubleshooted it numerous times and still no go. Any answers to my problems?

5. Memnock

Memnock Active member

It's not possible for any Xbox 360 to play games off the hard drive. The 0079 drive can be flashed, but a chip must be desoldered. It's pretty much job for the professionals only, but it shouldn't be more than $50.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  6. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

elite is ccol, why not just try and buy a new drive for it, a little more but not a lot of people want to send out there shite to get fixed.

7. JAMUS

JAMUS Member

yea i know what you mean. I haven't really tried looking for anyone in the area to do it because i've been so busy with work and summer classes. A new drive seems like a good idea and if anything goes wrong you can just switch it out. I found a site that pretty much all accessory mods except chips. Anything from cases, to cooling, to controllers. They do have extra drives there as well.

http://www.supremefactory.com/cgi-b...&cat=XBOX 360 - CONTROLLER TUNING&sortby=name

I don't know if anyone has ordered directly from there but i know all the xbox websites order their inventory from here. check it out.

8. Memnock

Memnock Active member

You'll still need to get the key from your current drive if you get a new one and I think the chip still needs to be desoldered for that. Of course a new drive would make for easier update down the road. At least you don't have the Benq drive which would really suck.