1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you " Overload " eMule ?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by MCPROTEUS, May 6, 2009.

1. MCPROTEUS

MCPROTEUS Member

I have been using eMule for years with no problems.

I have almost 2500 files in cue and in the transfer tab none of them are download.

They are all in the " Waiting " mode...

I find this odd because I would think there would be a lot more active downloads.

I have a good Internet connection MAX 10 aka 10 mbps and my eMule has a HIGH ID

anyone know what is going on?

Aaron

2. elliott

elliott Regular member

Any program can be overloaded and I typically download no more than 4 torrents if its video or 10 music at one time once they have finished I remove them from the program. You could be putting a mighty amount of stress on your processor and memory usage.

3. Mez

Mez Active member

elliott, another point of view for torrents (not emule). I typically ran in my hay-day, 20-30 down and about 100 up. Because the client had so many choices, I always ran at the up and down limits I set. You do need disk space for this approch and it takes for ever to down load and give back a large torrent.

MCPROTEUS, I suspect the files in your shopping list are not available. I am sure emule is 'locked in' to a particular file not just a file name. They were available when you found them but not now. I suggest you review the list and try to re-aquire the best.

Unfinished downloads are just a reality of P2P. Torrents are more relyable especially on private trackers. I have about a 95+% completion rate for torrents. I might have been less than 50% with Limewire. At least with torrents you can hunt for the needed file using a hashmark. You have enough information to pick a 'healthy' job.