1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you play both pirated and original games on xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Dickies, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Dickies

Dickies Member

1.) I want to play pirated games on single player genre games.
    2.) I want to play online, but in order to play online then you need to buy original games for "Online Gaming Games" just to not hustle about getting banned and all.

These answers doesnt seem to be direct::
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090609032117AA9mUAs
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090409001012AAwqKGi

Now here are my questions:

1.) Can you still get detected by microsoft and get banned if you play "Original Games w/ Online Multi-player Capabilities" for online gaming, and pirated games for "Single Player" gaming? (Ofcourse it is already understood that the Xbox 360 is already modded to play pirated games)

2.) Will it work if you play with your pirated games "Offline" (on the modded xbox) then only go online when your playing "Original Games w/ Online Capabilities" and not get detected and banned?

3.) Or do you need two xbox's? one that isnt modded for online gaming with original ripp-off priced games and the other one that is modded to play those "Single Player Games"?

4.) Also, if i get my Xbox360 modded to the latest and can play pirated online, eventually microsoft will patch it up right? then my question is, how can we stop our Xbox 360 from Updating/Patching/Bricking?

I would really appreciate it if someone tells me a way to play "both" "Original Online Games" and "Pirated Single Player Games" in a Single Modded Xbox 360 without getting detected by mircrosoft and getting banned online on Xbox Live.

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

We believe so. We think it's the firmware Microsoft is looking for. So even if your games are done correctly, there's still a chance of banishment.

It doesn't matter, because Microsoft is detecting firmware, supposedly.

This would be your safest option.

If I understand your question correctly, you can only stop your Xbox 360 from "Updating/Patching/Bricking" by not connecting to Live. But you need Live for certain updates, so you have to take the risk.

Re-read the answers to questions 1-4.

4. Dickies

Dickies Member

Hi, eebeejay

I really appreciate your reply.

ive been asking another forum too, of this kind of questions and im getting confused coz some said here below:

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/top...n-xbox-360/page__gopid__1365767&#entry1365767

Another one said:
    Is says here that you can stop microsoft from Updating/Patching/Bricking your latest modded xbox that bypasses old patches/updates? Is this possible? http://www.dailytech.com/Easy Fix t...cking Xbox 360s HDDs Arrives/article16851.htm

And what do you mean by we need certain updates? is it really that important? what if we first update the un-modded xbox to its latest microsoft update, then modd it to the latest chip that will bypass microsoft then modd it to not update anymore from microsoft?

5. izriz

izriz Member

to be honest with you, theres no safe way of playing a modded xbox on live. the theory is that ms will find u one day. YES there are people that haven't been banned in x years, but theres also millions that have been banned over a period of time, so you're never safe.

i would say that if you can afford it, buy 2 xbox's and 2 hard drives, keep em separate.

if you get banned, your hard drive gets screwed too!

6. Dickies

Dickies Member

Ok, Thanks for the heads up

7. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

The hard drive doesn't get banned, that's retarded. You may need to uncorrupt your profile or format the drive.