1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you play .dax files on 3.40 OE-A Firmware?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by MGSPO, May 14, 2007.

1. MGSPO

MGSPO Member

i have a 3.40 OE-A firmware. The only thing i dont have is a good memstick. I have only 1gig :-( I heard abt .dax format and it is the smallest of all the others (CSO, ISO). But i cant get them to work on my psp (3.40OE-A). I tried putting them is ms0:\ISO\ Folder but didnt help. i tried dax iso loader it doesnt seem to work either. i want to know if this is possible. if yes how. i could really use some help. especially with DAX ISO LOADER. Readme files are not the great. any help would be appreciated

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

I believe dax files do not run on cf.

3. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

my experiences have led me to the same conclusion but that brings up the question of why dax wouldn't support his own compression format in a cfw that HE made

4. Blackwire

Blackwire Regular member

ya im kinda lost...i finally downgraded my psp after much wait, but it was sooooooooooo worth it.. lol ok. Now i kno how to run Isos, and Csos, but how do u play a DAX file? I put it in Iso Folder and it doesnt show up. I put It in the Game150 folder, and it doesnt show...i remeber hearing someone say it is possible to play DAX files, but how? can someone help me?

5. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

I remember that dax file don't play on dark alex custom firmware...and as for why, i have no idea, maybe it wasn't that common to begin with...i never used dax files, i tried it but couldn't get it to work =)

6. gacler

gacler Member

Hello, as A noob that is just discovering how to play stuff in his PSP (other than ISOs and CSOs, not THAT noob) and doing my first successful downgrades I want to Share this, I've looked in lots of forums and no one seems to know how to...

Well to play .dax, do the following:
    1) Go to recovery mode (look in the forum)
    2) Select game folder homebrew and hit X to set it to 1.5 Kernel
    3) Put this files: UMDEMULATOR, ISO (or copy the game to the ISO directory if you don’t want to replace the original one), X and PSP (or get the files and only replace as needed) on the PSP Memory Stick ROOT, you HAVE this folders if you ever tried to use de dax emulator, If you don’t have this files, I dunno why you are looking for this in the first place.
    2) Load DAX ZISO 0.51 in PSP/GAME (you can get the new version, but this one is the one that came with a .dax download so...)
    3) Press X ( You Need a to have a UMD in the slot)
    6) Load your favorite game

Well, that’s it, I don’t see what is so hard... playing bust-a-move_ghost.dax at the moment, its a 37MB file ^^

problem: when I exit to home my PSP freezes and I have to reset it, wait 10 seconds and then power it up, maybe with a newer version of the DAX ZISO you can do better, feel free to reply ;-)