1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can you play onlilne if your ps2 has a mod chip???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by toybitzdm, Dec 12, 2004.

1. toybitzdm

toybitzdm Member

can you play online if your ps2 is modified or has a mod chip in it. i recently bought an online adaptor and i tried to play original games online. but i have a modded ps2. ecery game i try says there is a DNAS error. or disk error or something. can this error caused by the mod chip???

2. Willmatic

Willmatic Guest

Depending on which mod chip you have, you can disable it for online play of originals. Backups can also be played but they must be DNAS patched first.

3. PS2freek

PS2freek Member

I heard that if you get caught playing online with a chipped console you can get banned, etc, hmmmm, not sure tho...

4. teggy

teggy Regular member

You only get caught if someone is using the same DNAS id that you used to patch your backup game. That shouldn't happen if you are backing up your own games.

I am not sure as to what happens(it's yet to happen to me, but it can happen to me). What I have heard though is that a), you either have to wait till the other person is finished playing or b), both of the PS2's machine ID's get banned.

EDIT: Remove please, I read the post but then posted as if you were swap magic users. Sorry.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2004