1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can You Play Wii Games Online?? +games list

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by sleekmeek, Jan 23, 2007.

1. sleekmeek

sleekmeek Member

I am wondering if you can play Wii games over the internet with your friends, I have been trying to find out how to do it but cant! I dont know if thats becuase you cant or its just that the games I have dont allow it? If there are games you can play online could you post them on this thread?
    cheers

2. oofRome

oofRome Regular member

Not yet.
    I think pokemon battle revolution is supposed to be the first game to be able to play online.
    Batallion wars is also going to be online, and can (apparently) even connect to a nearby wii to play on multiple televisions via a self sustained LAN.

Here's a list of wii games, you can scroll down them and find the ones that are supposed to have online play:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  3. dc_bros

dc_bros Member

Pokemon battle revolution, supersmashbros:brawl and mario strickers charge are going to be online. Online games will not be available until june (acording to nintendo).

4. oofRome

oofRome Regular member

5. sleekmeek

sleekmeek Member

wow, thanks for such a big response, although it wasnt what i wanted to hear!!! i dont think i can wait until the summer!

6. dazila

dazila Regular member

I still have a feeling the whole online thing might collapse like with the gamecube hey imagine how mad the gamecube would be with all the things it was said to have at the space world 2000!
    Sd card reader,Online gaming

That list makes me shiver it has no 3rd party online games I mean 1st party does but 1st party dosent release as many games since its the company its self

7. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

all though i would love to beleive this list coming from a site which has lied before and not only comming from a site which has lied but a site which is a encyclopedia is even worse to beleive

8. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

as much as i love nintendo,i agree with dazilla that the internet thing will collapse.

what's the profit for them.
    spending money on internet games...it doesn't help nintendo in any way,there making a bundle out of the wii by itself so from there point of view,why spend money that we don't need to spend?

9. oofRome

oofRome Regular member

Is that a serious question?

I guess the answer is the same reason why Nintendo makes games in the first place.

Also the profit Nintendo is making off the Wii itself is minimal compared to DS hardware and overall software sales.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  10. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

No,that was me asking a question from the nintendo corparation view of things.

the reason nintendo make games is to make money,plain and simple.

11. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Of course they will make money out of it!

If its got online play more people would buy it!!

12. oofRome

oofRome Regular member

Wow it was spoon fed to you and everything...

;-)