1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can you solder bios wires on underside?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by NeCo, Jul 3, 2003.

1. NeCo

NeCo Member

can you solder the bios wires on the underside of the bios chip for magic chips?

2. DregenX

DregenX Member

Bump....I have that same question! They look exactly the same from upside and downside.

3. DregenX

DregenX Member

Bump....I have that same question! They look exactly the same from upside and downside.

4. NeCo

NeCo Member

why did you bump? none has asked this question yet

5. DregenX

DregenX Member

Lol well in some forums when you bump...or add add onto a message, the message than appears as a new topic.

6. JVegas

JVegas Regular member

Why would you want to?

7. DregenX

DregenX Member

Well why, simply because you can surely rid yourself of solder balls between the bios legs. The contacts on the underside of the board are clearly defined. From what I gatherd they can be soldered on the underside except for contact R. But then again its going to use a lot more wire length. And also by using the underside contacts, cross interference from the chips on the top are eliminiated.

8. NeCo

NeCo Member

because for some reason i just cant get the wires to stick to the damn pegs. i can only get it to stick if its bridged. and we all know that is not something you wanna do. so is it safe or not to solder on the underside? anything i should worry about? i heard soemthing about one of the wires has to be as short as possible, which one is it?

9. DregenX

DregenX Member

I dont think its any of the bios wires, those wires should all be kept about the same length. If you're having problems getting it on to the bios, go buy yourself a bottle of flux. Use a tooth pick to prep the legs and contacts. For TUVR, do contact R first, then get either a razor blade and sticky tack to cover the finished contact R, or use electrical tape. And do that for each one. You shouldnt' have too much trouble with the bios legs they're so far apart. Remember, you only have to tint the wire with a lil bit of solder, and that is all that is needed for it to stick to the legs. If you use anything more by adding onto the iron, you're asking for bridging. If you want to make sure you have a connection just use a multimeter.