1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you still be able to take part in HALO3 beta with a burnt copy of Crackdown?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by xsalernox, Feb 15, 2007.

1. xsalernox

xsalernox Member

i just have a questions if u have a burnt copy of crackdown when it comes out, can u still be part of the halo 3 beta???

2. Vitriolic

Vitriolic Member

Yes assuming you are staying within the legal grounds and by obtaining a backup Crackdown then you should OWN the game therefore just use the original. But IF you happen to lose the original and only have the backup, I dont see why you wouldn't be able to.

3. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

haha i love how you guys worded that =)

4. dagobaker

dagobaker Guest

i downloaded the crackdown and the crackdown fix but cant change the file from an iso to the .000 it needs to be to make it a burnable file. help please

5. xsalernox

xsalernox Member

thx vitloric....yes i buy my games and back dem up for jsut in case.
    so 4 sure the beta will work on the burnt game if say i already am playing with the orginal crackdown's beta?

6. mariotwo

mariotwo Member

no i dont think you will be able to... each copy of the storebought crackdown comes with a cardboard sleeve that will allow the play of the halo 3 beta. You of course dont get that with the pirated copy of crackdown and so im sure we will see crackdown codes being sold online due to this :p

7. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Just burn the .iso with IMGburn and set the layerbreak manually. I've never heard of someone saying they can't burn a .iso because it's supposed to be a .000

8. K4kashi

K4kashi Regular member

I've seen the card that comes with crackdown, there is no code, you just download the beta from the crackdown menu.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  9. mariotwo

mariotwo Member

Yeah? Hmmm... thats kind of scary then. When microsoft sells 1 million american copies of crackdown but there are 2 million american copies out there playing Halo 3 they could finally decide to look at this as a major problem and actually do something about it :p God i hope not.

10. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

I changed the exstension by using th rename command in MS-DOS, but I've read an easier way, that you can also change it in your FTP program's explorer window.

11. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Here's an even easier way. Open notepad and type this
    LayerBreak=1913760
    "nameofgame.000" without the ""

save it as "nameofgame".dvd and burn that .dvd file in CloneCD.

Fact is, whether it's an .iso or a .000 file, you can just directly burn either of them with IMGBurn or DVD Decrypter by manually setting the layer break...without using a .dvd file or bothering with changing the extention is any type program.

And to the rest of this thread.. Crackdown has been leaked for a week and a half now. Even asking if you can get into the Halo 3 multiplayer online demo shows you're pirating games. I can't say a word myself because I've had it for a week and a half.
    Don't come with me with your arguments that you've obtained a real copy. Every one who gets a real copy WAAAY before release date keep their mouthes closed except to a select few. They wouldn't come here and ask this question because they'd know they can play the Halo 3 beta reguardless.

Thread should be closed in my opinion.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  12. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

yeah definaltey don't go live or try to play halo3 beta with crackdown. The game hasn't even come out yet.