1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can you stop getting emails about private messages

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by MrMeaty, Apr 10, 2007.

1. MrMeaty

MrMeaty Guest

is there any way you can stop getting emails about a private message you got??

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

To put it shortly: No.

Longer version: We have in plans to review the whole notification process and users' ability to choose what and how they should be alerted about events in future. But as always with our plans, don't hold your breath for it -- typically a development idea takes 1 - 36 months to become reality and my guestimate for this to happen is somewhere in-between those two.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Hey Boss, i know what i'd like to see...a snippet from the thread in question, in the body of the notification email :)

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

That is not a bad idea, basically it would contain, say max 200chars from the latest post to that thread? And as far as we're talking about PM notifications, it might make sense to add info about who sent it to the notification email as well.

5. MrMeaty

MrMeaty Guest

thanks for the info.

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

..yup, that's exactly what i mean; cdfreaks forums use them, they're excellent for those threads we all subscribe to but don't really want to follow each and every post :p

7. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Indeed. There are many thread I am subscribed to, and would like to stay subcribed to, but don't wish to read every single post in them, such as the taiyo yuden thread, to name one.

:)