1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you use dvd-shrink to make a ps2 back-up?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by tmsaac, May 28, 2007.

1. tmsaac

tmsaac Member

ive made about 20 backups and i usualy use dvd decrypter to make them, i was just wondering if there was a way to make backups of dvd-9 discs using dvd-shrink to make them fit onto a standard dvd-5.

2. xCaliban

xCaliban Member

I don't think so on the account that programs like Nero and DVD Shrink compress the video of a DVD to be able to make it fit on a DVD-5. For a PS2 game, you'd have to reduce the table of contents by reorgazning the LBA table, shrinking dummy files, and in some cases with games like GOW2 and such also compressing or removing video files.

Shrink and Nero aren't set up to properly handle all that. Wish it was that easy though, I really want to get GT4 and GOW2 but I don't want to spend all that time messing around with files and programs!!

3. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

All you need to do, although its not real simple, is create a program similar to DVD-RB that runs all the programs though a single interface. Probably would be a bit of a pain to code but could be worth the time savings once its done, plus you could sell it as I am sure others would buy it. :)

4. tmsaac

tmsaac Member

thanks for the reply.

5. hursty

hursty Active member

No