1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you use the Swap Magic discs from the HD (HD Advance)?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by holyc0w, Nov 8, 2004.

1. holyc0w

holyc0w Guest

I just got the Swap Magic discs and the DVD version works fine, but my PS2 has trouble reading the CD version. Is it possible to use these from the HD? I can't see why it wouldn't work...

2. shifted90

shifted90 Member

holyc0w, I try to answer every question I can, but I can comprehend what you are trying to ask. Are you trying to ask that your CD version doesn't work and you think it might be your hard drive? I don't think that is possible. Your hard drive is not activated unless a game that needs the hard drive is started, for all I know. I am guessing that your PS2 is very old. As I heard from EBGames when I called to trade in my V7 PS2, they said that the PS2 needs to be able to read "blue" discs. Some older models did not read "blue" discs because Sony probably predicted that all the games will be very big and will need DVDs. Some game companies eventually made small games and wanted to save cost on manufacturing so used CDs. But, I think from V3~V4, the CDs should work fine. I am not sure though. Go check the version of your PS2.

You can do this by following this guide:

http://www.modchipstore.com/customer/pages.php?pageid=34

3. holyc0w

holyc0w Guest

No no. I want to rip the Swap Magic CD, put it on my hard drive, and try to use it from there on my PS2. Or can you not do that? It's my only option since it won't work with the laser I have.

4. shifted90

shifted90 Member

Hmm. I never tried that before. I think it has a chance of working. Why not try it? Leave us a feedback.

5. Fuzzy_C

Fuzzy_C Regular member

it won't work, the whole point of it being on the disc is for the toc, there is a memory card hack for swap magic, you just need a high toc cd

6. shifted90

shifted90 Member

I don't get this high TOC cd. What is it and where do I get it? and What is the memory hack?