1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by stupidguy, Sep 17, 2003.

1. stupidguy

stupidguy Guest

My PS2 Play Any Game I Burn On A CD-R? I've Been Reading Around The Forum And They Say For DVD Based Games I Need To Do Something Different? What Is A DVD Based Game? A Game Burnt Off A DVD Or Ripped From A DVD?

2. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

OMG, "what is a DVD based game?".

right, look at the bottom of your games, some are blue, some are silver/gold. the blue ones are CD's, thus you can copy them onto a CD-R. the silver/gold ones are DVD's, thus you can not COPY them to a CD-R, cos they contain over 5 times as much data. Therefore you must either COPY them to a DVD-R/DVD+R (with a DVD burner), or RIP them to a CD-R.

Ripping them means that you either LOSE quality of the video's and audio, or you simply replace them with BLANK FILES. there is no other way to fit them onto CD-R. You also, have to do all kinds of DVD check removal, and something about changing the LBA's or something.

anyways, to BOOT DVD-R, you have to do the double swap, by first inserting an original DVD game (e.g. Vice City), using the Eject button, then getting it to stop spinning, using a program like cdloader for example, then you can swap trick it for your DVD-R