1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannon Optura 200MC

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by MDauphin, Dec 30, 2002.

1. MDauphin

MDauphin Member

Just about ready to take the plunge.

Does any one have any feedback about this model, good or bad?

2. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

MDauphin,

Not heard of this model, but I do have a few Canon products (including one of their camcorders (XM1)).

Canon are a good manufacturer, have you done a search on Google ?

HomerJ

3. MDauphin

MDauphin Member

Homer,

I did a search, foound some reviews, but I take those witha a grain of salt sometimes. Just looking for some direct input before dropping the cash.

Here's the info from Cannon. http://www.canondv.com/optura200mc/index.html

4. miksirhc

miksirhc Member

Canon Optura is advanced model from Elura, which is the successor of Ultura. Major improvement to Optura is larger CCD image area allowing 1.23 megapixle still image. It also improved in video recording going from interlaced to progressive. Funny thing about progressive is if your television is older than 1.5 years you will notice considerable “flickering” when the camera films object in motion or a flickering light source.

5. bb330i

bb330i Member

I just purchased an Optura 200MC to replace a 3 year old Sony TRV8(Mini DV) that was stolen on a cruise 2 weeks ago. So far I realy like it. The best feature for me so far is the ability to use it as an Analog to Digital converter. I have 15 years of 8mm tapes that I have started to edit/convert to DVD. I plug an old Sony 8mm camcorder into the 200MC (without a tape in), plug the 200MC into my computer via firewire, and using "Pinnacle Studio DV" capture, edit and burn to DVD. The results are great. The DVDs I make directly from video shot with the 200MC are outstanding. I have had/have 4 Sony camcorders and have never been disapointed so my discision to buy a Cannon was a tough one, but so far.... no complaints.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2003
  6. KELLYFAN

KELLYFAN Guest

I looked into it and read some reviews also. I was going to invest in it also but I decided not too because I didn't like how small it is. But as far as quality goes I'd say go for it if you dont mind the size.