1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot access all of DVD-RAM file

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rebootmt, Mar 27, 2005.

1. rebootmt

rebootmt Member

Please help! I have a DVD-RAM disk that I have recorded eight 30min episodes of a series show. The disk is full, and I would like to make a copy of it do a DVD –R disk. I can see that the vro file is 3.89GB. My problem is, that I am unable to access more than 30 minutes on the disk. I have tried editing the file within TMPGenc Author and TMPGenc mpeg editor and it only reports 30min of video. I have even tried changing the vro extension to mpg, and viewing the file..I am still only able to see the 30 min worth. I also tried using DVD Decrypter and converting the whole thing to ISO then authoring it..but same problem..only 30min was accessable. Why am I unable to access the rest of the seven videos on this disk? It’s like only one recordable section is accessible. Is there a program or something that would help me to view the rest of the files?
    I recorded the episodes on a DVD-RAM using Panasonic E55. In my computer I am using an LG-4160B drive. Also using XP Pro, NTFS.
    Thanks for any ideas!

2. rebootmt

rebootmt Member

Okay I finally figured out what the problem was, in accessing all of the recorded segments of the DVD-RAM. I had originally copied the vro file to my hard drive. When I tried to edit the vro file within any program, I could only access 30min of the file. I found that using TMPGEnc DVD Author, I can start a new project. Then click on the ad DVD Video button…access the video directly from the disk itself..and from there I can access all of the recorded clips on the disk. I would just keep adding each clip as needed. I will say that I can copy the vro file to my hard drive and edit it there, as long as the recorded file was one continuous recorded segment. Hope this helps anyone who has had the same problem!