1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannot backup HARRY POTTER

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by marwen1, Aug 18, 2012.

1. marwen1

marwen1 Member

Can't BACKUP HARRY POTTER - DEATHLY HOLLOWS -- NEITHER PART 1 NOR 2.

I'VE TRIED DVD SHRINK --- STALLS AND JUST COMPLETELY QUITS DOING ANYTHING.

I have tried DVDfab - current download a couple of days ago with "COPY"

I have tried DVDSMITH on a new iMac 27" 3.1 MHz with 16 GB RAM -- 1 TB HD

I'm stumped

marwen1

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

I used DVDfab with an older version and copied all of the Harry Potter series without any problem.

4. marwen1

marwen1 Member

so far today, i think I may have caught a scratch causing a copy error, of all things I smeared TOOTHPASTE on it, washed and dried it off and finally DVDSHRINK was able to Analyze it but it came up a NO GO when it came time to burn. DVDSMITH is plowing thru @ about 52% done so far. Once I get an ISO file. Toast Titanium usually gets the job done. This new iMac system usually does the entire thing in less than 20 minutes. At 75% now, never got past 65% prior to the toothpaste TRICK. 20 MINUTES now at 84%. VOILA! 100% @ 28 MIN.

REMEMBER TOOTHPASTE, but smooth --non abrasive.

marwen1

5. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

6. kimical

kimical Member

Glad you got it after all! For future reference, these are just some things that have worked for me in the past with similar problems: Not only clean the disc like you did, but also try using a CD/DVD cleaner on your disc drive. I have also found that an external DVD drive will often be less picky than an internal one about scratches, although they are a bit slower. Play around with the aggressive I/O mode in DVD Shrink as well, and set a custom final size to be a few MB smaller than a full DVD (for me, on some brands of DVD, I have to set it to 4200 MB for a 4 GB DVD). Huge graphic-driven movies like HP might take a little more tweaking anyway. A few times DVDShrink just never worked on certain discs - had to resort to using other programs. DVD-RWs are your friends during trial and error!

7. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

Can i say something you have a mac why not mac dvd ripper pro it rips everything