1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Burn DVD-Video

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by pbader, Jan 18, 2005.

1. pbader

pbader Member

My System:
    Toshiba Sattelite P25-S520
    Windows XP SP2

DVR-K12D +/- R/RW

I used to use DVD decrypter, DVD2One, and finally record Now Max to burn. This worked great. Around the time I got service pack 2, I this method stopped working. I have since tried compression with DVD2One and DVD Shrink, and burning with DVD Decrypter, record now max, and Nero. I tried using an image instead of files to no avail. Now every time I write a disc I get a Disc Write error during burning. I tried to upgrade firmware, it seems Pioneer doesn't even support my drive anymore. I tried checking the Toshiba site for updates, but there was nothing. I think this has something to do with Service Pack 2 but I'm not sure. I've probably wasted 30 DVD's trying to fix this....any ideas??????

2. melw

melw Guest

Same thing happened to a mate of mine after he updated with Service Pack 2. He ended up doing a full re-installation of Windows in the end :(

Regards

3. pbader

pbader Member

I think I solved the problem. I disabled the IMAPI CD-Burning Com Service in Win Services, and it seems to work now. I already had the newest ASPI layers installed and now it seems to work.