1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot burn game.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by nd226, Feb 7, 2008.

1. nd226

nd226 Member

Hi,

I just finished downloading Mass_Effect_USA_XBOX360-PROTOCOL game and it has about 63 winzip files, 1 SFV file and a .DVD file. I have tried extracting the winzip file to get the .iso file but get this message at the end:

Extracting file: C:\BitTorrent - Downloads\Mass_Effect_USA_XBOX360-PROTOCOL\ptc-me.rar
    Extracting to "C:\BitTorrent - Downloads\Mass_Effect_USA_XBOX360-PROTOCOL\"
    Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no
    Extracting ptc-me.iso Error: CRC mismatch in file "ptc-me.iso" in the archive "C:\BitTorrent - Downloads\Mass_Effect_USA_XBOX360-PROTOCOL\ptc-me.rar"

I also used CloneCD to burn the .dvd file as mentioned somewhere in this forum but it said:

Error opening file ptc-me.iso. The system cannot find the file specified.

Have anyone experienced this problem? Please help.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

With that error usually a file is corrupt and you need a new copy. And you can not try to brun an ISO when you can not even extract it. So of course the burning program did not find it.

PS i would really leave out lines that talk about downloading games since this is a public forum and downloading them is highly illegal.

3. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

I agree with steimy people around here always seem to have something to say when it comes to downloading games. But as for ur problem usaly one of those files are missing a sector or something like that and that messes up the whole iso. And the program ur useing to burn iso's wont be able to read it beacuse its still in Rar form. And I wouldnt try to hard or you might end up burning a Coaster or 2

4. nd226

nd226 Member

Many thanks guys. In furture i will not mention about it. Thanks