1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot capture audio along with video from Sony handycam for creating a DVD

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by smukherj, Jun 7, 2007.

1. smukherj

smukherj Member

I have installed Nero 7 Premium (Version - 7.9.6) which includes Nero Vision version 4.9.6.6.
    I have a Pinnacle PCTV TV Tuner PCI card and I am using this as a Video Capture card.
    My OS is Windows 2000 SP4.

I connected my Sony handycam (DCR-HC40e) to the S-Video socket of my Pinnacle card and fed the audio from the handycam to the "Line in" of my RealTek AC'97 audio card.

With this setup, I chose "Capture Video to hard disk" after starting Nero Vision 4.
    It shows me my Pinnacle device as a capture device and when I play back my Mini DV cassette in the handycam, I can see the video in Nero Vision's video region (after configuring the Video source to be S-Video in the Video properties dialog).

BUT, when I open the Audio config dialog (where almost every thing is disabled), and choose my audio card i.e. RealTek'AC 97 from the dropdown, Nero Vision does not accept it and after a screen flicker goes back to showing nothing as selected.
    When I choose the Pinnacle device from the same drop down, it stays, but none of the other controls are enabled because my Pinnacle card does not have a audio capture facility.

Thus, when I record using Nero Vision, although I can hear the audio from my PC's line out (because I had fed the handycam output to Line in), the video is captured fine, but no audio gets recorded.

Can some Nero guru help me out here PLEASE ?

I have posted this problem to the Nero tech support twice, but I haven't got any response from them in the last 5 days.

2. 56delray

56delray Regular member

What model PCTV do you have? Most of these card req XP and need DirectX 9 for sound.

3. smukherj

smukherj Member

PCTV stereo 5.8. I have DirectX 9.0c. My PCTV, as such, works absolutely fine.

Actually, I can capture my handycam video using the PCTV Vision application, which accepts audio from "line in" and the captured video has audio.

I wanted to know why I cannot do the same using Nero Vision 4 ?
    Has someone tried a similar thing with the latest Nero Vision ?

Earlier versions of Nero Vision used to work pretty well.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  4. 56delray

56delray Regular member