1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CANNOT COMPLETE CD WRITING WIZARD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by CoroBlunt, Sep 6, 2007.

1. CoroBlunt

CoroBlunt Member

Recently, when attempting to burn dvd's using software like cucsoft and nero, once the burning is complete, the disc is ejected, then a window pops up(it must be a windows xp window) which is titled "CD WRITING WIZARD" says "Cannot Complete the CD Writing Wizard - the files are ready to be written, but the cd was ejected from the drive"

it also says:

what do you want to do now:

- write these files to the CS now

and a few other options... when attempting to "write to cd now" by clicking next, im promted by another message saying something is wrong..

has anyone ever heard of this?? I have a screenshot if someone would like to see it.

PLEASE HELP. THanks

2. i_am_alex

i_am_alex Regular member

The CD Writing wizard is what Windows XP lets you burn certain things with if you don't want to get a program.

As far as I know, the CD Wizard doesn't do DVD's

I've helped people with this before, the only reason I've actually found was they didn't actually have a DVD Burner, it was a CD burner.

That's all I can help you with sorry.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  3. CoroBlunt

CoroBlunt Member

I definately have a DVD burner..

no matter what, when burning or not, if i put a blank dvd in my burner, then eject it, the windows message comes up! even though im not even burning.

could the odd be done?