1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Connect to Xbox Live

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by cigaro16, Dec 28, 2007.

1. cigaro16

cigaro16 Member

My IP address continues to fail over and over again.does anybody know why?

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Let me know how you are trying to connect to live and it will be easier to diagnose the problem.
    Are you trying to connect to live by connecting the 360 directly to your modem.
    Or are you trying to share the internet connection via your pc.

3. V13t0r

V13t0r Regular member

i think somthing was wrong with the servers or something cause mine and everyone elses on my friends list was messing. the circle thing at the dashboard would continue to go in circles and then it kept signing me off.

i was about to punch my xbox

4. cigaro16

cigaro16 Member

I'm trying to connect it directly to my modem. I got my ip address from my cmd by typing ipconfig. When I run test connection it shows it is connected to the modem. And then like I said the ip[ address fails. I type the address in manually along with the dns and gateway. Do you think it might be the PPPoE (point to point protocal)?

5. Dem0n

Dem0n Member

It's not letting me connect either. So, yeah, there must be a server problem. Anyone have any luck yet?

I just bought 4 HD movies and Fable the other day, so it better connect soon, or I'll lose my HEAD!

6. chubbs09

chubbs09 Member

yeh there is a prob with live peeps:(

7. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

V13t0r I am having exactly the same prob as you. Hope live will be fixed soon. The servers are probably having mass amounts of new people signing up to live due to christmas. I've found that if you play a game live will stay on and you can private chat to people and send messages. I have found that when I try to search for games it is very hard to find one too. Also when I look at peoples gamertags it says that their gamerscore is 0 and their gamerzone is none and at the top where the bar should be gold it is silver plus I cant see their gamerpicture. But after waiting about a minuet their gamercard does load. However for the dashboard it just loads and loads and loads then signs me out.

bailey

8. markabz

markabz Member

Yep,i have been trying for hours i thought i had mucked something up so it's a relief to know i haven't broke it! Hope they get it going soon though

9. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

I guess there is a problem, my box is not connecting either atm, did once, but it disconnected now its not connecting at all.

10. yesser

yesser Guest

same hear i wonder how long its going to take this is a bummer..games just are not the same with out live

11. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

A few other news sites have been reporting problems since right before Christmas. Although it's not affecting everyone at once. It seems to be hitting areas.

I just tried to log on to Xbox.com and that's not even up. I was going to bitch about losing a weeks worth of service and see how MS was going to compensate their LIVE members.

12. cigaro16

cigaro16 Member

my modem is a motorola from comcast. Is this kind messing up? When I switched my service live stopped working.

13. yesser

yesser Guest

i dont think its the modem. i have free internet on college and i just plug it in the wall

14. yesser

yesser Guest

if you do talk to ms. let me know how it turns out maybe they will jsut email everyone and give them an extra month?

15. trickj75

trickj75 Member

I tried getting my sons 360 live going and it keeps saying that it can't connect. All the system tests come out good. I have my cable modem through Mediacom and it is a RCA model#DCM425. I also have my home phone through Vonage where my cable modem runs through the Motorola gateway model# VT2442. I tried running the ethernet cable from the back of the gateway to the 360. I have not a clue what is going on or maybe something that I may be doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

16. yesser

yesser Guest

its just xbox live is down someone should give them a call and post there respones

17. cigaro16

cigaro16 Member

how exactly could live be down?

18. yesser

yesser Guest

something is wrong with there servers i think go to www.xboxscene.com there a messege about it

19. juniora

juniora Member

I had that problem a while back and it was that xbox live found out that my box was moded and they disconnected me from live for ever on that box i had to go and buy a new one. Just call m$ they will tell you what is wrong. Good Luck

20. yesser

yesser Guest

im not banned because i can still check messeges you can even go to xbox.com theres a statement saying there having difficulties and are trying to fix it